RsLGX5K I/O Addresses "Where Used" -Availabilty

SNK

Hi people,

I have been using RSlGX5K for about since version 8, but I have not really run into this before...

I have to make some I/O modifications, and I for the life of me cannot figure out how to sort the I/O into "What is used/available for useage".

I basically need to add some inputs into existing cards in the program, but I don't see an easy way how to determine what is available, like the Xreference/where used in SLC5 software.

I know that this will be easy, but for some reason it is over my head.....I have used the pull-down menu for sorting tags....but no luck.

(I am using Alias's and other as well, to make it more complicated)

This is what I do - helpful or not.

I go to 'Controller Tags' and scroll down to the actual I/O 'Local etc'.

I right click on an input or output word and select 'Go To Cross Reference'. This gives all the instances of that word and its bits. A little overwhelming.

Then I click on 'Show' and open to 'Reference'. Click on its '+' and you see the list of referenced bits. You should be able to determine unused bits from that. If not it's at least a help.

I asked tech support about this once.

They basically told me that there is no clean way to view the data table usage like there was in RSLogix 5/500.

I was told that they would make a note of it. I hope that they really meant it and that they do add that feature in a future release (but I'm not holding my breath).