Ti 305 - 335 PLC

maexio

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I have a customer that we supplied a Ti305 series PLC back in 1992. It uses a 112 rung program and a 'burned eprom'. It has stopped functioning, and they are 'down'. Considering the current economic climate and the rush required to get the machine working quickly, we have replaced the PLC with a A/B Compactlogix plc, which is well supported in the area.

As a simple plc conversion, we are merely routing the existing wiring to the new plc (terminal to terminal transfer). I am writing the 'new' program the same as the old program (with comments), but have discovered that I have no record of the K values for my timers in my two prints of the Ladder Logic and the Element spreadsheet. I still have the program file, but do not have the software to open it any longer (it has been lost, and outdated) I am scheduled to 'startup' the machine this friday, and this will significantly impact the success of the startup, how do i discover the k-values from here?.

Thanks,

Riley Smith

Perhaps the program can be opened in direct logic. My version 4 can open the 330 and 340 family of koyo processors. They were the manufacturers for the TI305 series. You might want to zip and post the files, someone may have the old original software and can open it for you. Just zip it and attach it here in the thread.

I would suggest using a Direct Logic for this instead of AB, only because it would be much easier. The TI should cross over part for part to the Direct Logic. You can upload the program from the TI and then download it to the DL. Unless I am mistaken, all the I/O modules will use the same terminal blocks, so you don't even have to remove any wires, just swap the terminal blocks over to the new PLC. I have done this with a few old TI's and the whole thing took 20 minutes--start to finish.