TP177B to SLC 5/05

JSPLC

I would like to know if anyone has interfaced a Siemens TP177B touch panel (or similar) to a SLC 5/05 and was able to successfully get the two to work together?

What communications port are you trying to use? Serial or Ethernet?

Serial requires that you have a RS232/485 converter and you flip the two middle dip switches down on the back of the unit. You can then setup the comms in control panel on the HMI.

Native Ethernet/IP driver only supports Logix's native tag address so it won't work with the 177B panels, you must have an MP panel and use an OPC server for SLC 5/05

Regards,

Michael

Hey Michael,

I haven't tried to configure the TP to the SLC yet. Both the SLC & the TP have Ethernet and Serial ports. I just did not know if it was going to be an Apple and Orange (Siemens & AB) thing and that I would not be able to get them to talk to each other.