Sunlight Readable HMIs

mday

Has anyone had any experience with sunlight readable HMI panels? How do they hold up well in continuous outdoor and direct sunlight applications?

I have concerns with high temperature, and UV effects on touch screens and LCDs to name a few.

Regards,

Beijer have just introduced a range of sunlight readable HMIs. The first machine I have fitted it to is on its way to Japan so I don't yet have data on high temperature. To help protect against UV and nasty finger marks I always fit a screen protector, though in this case it will reduce the sunlight readability a bit. As for how sunlight readable the things are I have only been able to test in UK spring sunshine, but so far things look good. Only issue I have is a bit of an 'ouch!' on the prices.

http://www.beijerelectronics.com/we...AllDocuments/85C83B3A7B58B9D6C12574590043D756

Regards

Bryan

Have already used 4 of the Red Lion ones in the cabins for the cranes on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The client is happy with them.

Like posted redlion do, for instance :-

10" G310 standard G310C000
10" G310 outdoor unit with glossy finish and UV protective film G310S000

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I've looked at Red Lion, they don't have anything above 10" but seem priced well. I've not looked at Beijer lately, at last look they only had a 6" model but that was sometime ago, so I'll check again.

Beijer now have a range, 6.5inch, 10.4 inch and 15.0 inch all with a luscious black bezel and easy mounting with just one hole to cut.

Bryan