Please help - Newbie Q

tweazer

I'm reading a PLC book called Programmable Logic Controllers by Bolton, 4th edition published by Newnes. I have read that there are many mistakes in this text, but since I have a copy, it is still worth a read. I'd like your feedback to sort out if something is a mistake or not.

It seems to me the following question is missing the K (constant) so the question cannot be answered:

8 The program instruction list for a Telemecanique PLC is:
L I0,0, = T0, L T0, = O0,0.

When there is an input to I0,0 there is:
A An output which is on for 6 s then off for 6 s.
B An output which lasts for 6 s.
C An output which starts after 6 s.
D An output which is off for 6 s, then on for 6 s.

The time base is assumed to be 1Sec. 6s was not mentioned at all. Is it possible one of these is a valid answer ?

Most likely, there is a typo. But look at the choices offered: does it really matter?

(I am not familiar with Telemechnique IL code, but assume that 'L' means 'load' and '=' means 'store')

An omission of the K value does indeed explain it. The answer section of the book gives the answer as "C An output which starts after 6 s." which fits a TON timer.

Since there are not that many PLC books in print, I was hoping that someone on this board might be familiar with that text and chime in.