contactor selection for capacitors

AC1 is for resistive loads
Heating is a resistive load
AC3 is for reactive loads
Motors and Capacitors are reactive loads
also modern high efficiecy lighting system tend to be reactive.

If you look at siemens and moeller for example, they have special contactors specifically for switching capacitors.

Thanks for ur reply, but in capacitor duty contactors, whn v r using it with the harmonic filters the resistors get burnt in many cases. so now we are trying to go for normal duty contactors because while using reactors the inrush current is taken care of by it

Similar Topics

I need a little sanity check and hopefully advice from some experienced users. I have a mechanism that we're driving with a JVL MAC3000...
Replies
Views
Hello. We use AB PowerFlex 7000 drives in a pump station. The operator just called to report a fault on one drive: "STATUS: Faulted" "FAULT: DI...
Replies
Views
I'm using an Automation Direct GS20 VFD for the first time and I have a question for the Automation Direct gurus regarding the recommendation of a...
Replies
Views
I have a customer request that reads (slightly edited) Smart Motor Contactor This will monitor incoming power for irregularities in voltage...
Replies
Views
Hi all, has anyone ever had any issues with premature failure, etc. when using contactor relays on pulse monitored safety outputs? We are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom