logicmaster trouble

wayned

First post guys I need some help. I am using 9.05 version. I am getting an error that says

"<G42> Specified folder contains non-Micro CPU configuration; select aborted"

This software was working fine but I left it hooked up to a machine for the other shifts and when I came back the next day this is all I could get on any of the files I tried to load up. Any help would be great thanks. Wayne

You're trying to open a 90-30 or 90-70 folder when you've launched Logicmaster for the Micro PLC selected.

At the initial Logicmaster screen, the one where you select whether you want to do programming or configuration, hit SHIFT + F3 for 90-30 or SHIFT + F5 for 90-70. It sounds like someone has selected MICRO by hitting SHIFT + F1 or 90-20 by hitting SHIFT + F2.

Thanks Steve that was it. I'm just learning these. Never really done any programing. But nobody else here has either so I guess I'm going to learn it one way or the other. Is the Micro a type of plc also? We have series one, 90-30, and 90-70's in the machines I'm working on now. Thanks again Wayne

The Micro PLC that you can program with Logicmaster 90 is no longer being sold by GE Fanuc, although you can still find them on ebay. It was a fixed I/O PLC that used a subset of the Series 90 instructions.

The Series One is even older. It was never made by GE. Instead, it was made by Koyo and brand labeled as GE. It is still available as the Automation Direct DL305. Your Logicmaster software can't program the Series One. or that you will need Logicmaster One software which is no longer available. Logicmaster One was a DOS application that will have problems running under newer operating systems. Depending on the CPU model in your Series One, you may be able to program it with the Automation Direct software for the DL305 which is called Direct Soft.