fx controller

spikeviz

I have been trying to send an amended prog to an fx controller but keep getting the following error,
WRITING DURING PLC ROM OPERATION WAS ATTEMPTED THE PLC CANNOT WRITE DURING A ROM OPERATION.
It's then follwed by the error code es:0180201e7.
Has any one got any ideas on this.
Many thanks for any help.

The PLC needs to be in STOP before you can download. Usually there is a small toggle switch or you need to remove power from the run terminal

Cheers

Thanks for the comments.
The toggle switch was in the right position.
Found the problem, there was an EPROM hidden inside, had to remove that first before I was allowed to send the prog.
Thanks again

Thanks for the comments.
The toggle switch was in the right position.
Found the problem, there was an EPROM hidden inside, had to remove that first before I was allowed to send the prog.
Thanks again

Just be aware that your program is in RAM which is volatile, the EEPROM will have a memory protect switch on it to allow writing.