Need ur help.

cranky

Hi
Well actually I can't transfer my project from the wincc to the PLC my communication is via MPI can anyone help me.Actually I have followed the step from the help link but still there is an error message.Is it my Wincc flexi RT I don't really know.
I have used S7 for the program and have been able to use it. By the way I'll be using my PC and not the HMI touch panel
I really need ur help
Many thanks

Pls Guys can anyone help me to transfer my project form wicc to the PLC. I have been trying since 3 days. I have try all the option I know so far.
Many thanks.

Perhaps you need to give a better explanation of your problem. I really do not understand. WinCC is used to program an HMI, not a PLC. Simatic Manager is used to download a program to a PLC. So are you having trouble getting a program into your PLC? Or do you mean that you need help getting data passed between the PLC and HMI.

You also wrote that you got an error message but neglected to let us know what that message was or which program (Simatic Manager or WinCC) displayed it.

Thanks Imi for ur reply.Actually I'm using WinCC for the visualization as u said. I'll be using my PC to visualize not a HMI touch panel.Now I'm having trouble transferring the project from WinCC flexible to the PLC. The appearing error message reads "Could not establish connection. Please check your settings,interfaces,cables etc.!" this message is from the WinCC soft.
Plz guys I really need ur Help
Many Thanks

Thanks Imi for ur reply.Actually I'm using WinCC for the visualization as u said. I'll be using my PC to visualize not a HMI touch panel.Now I'm having trouble transferring the project from WinCC flexible to the PLC. The appearing error message reads "Could not establish connection. Please check your settings,interfaces,cables etc.!" this message is from the WinCC soft.
Plz guys I really need ur Help
Many Thanks
As already mentioned, you CANNOT download a WinCC application to the PLC.
You download your winCC application to one of the panels (HMI)if you have one, not the PLC.

You should have a project in the Simatic Manger that has a PLC part and a WinCC part (are you using regular WinCC or WinCC flex. I know a little more about flex).

You download the PLC station object or blocks to the PLC.

Since you don't have an HMI panel, you don't have to download The WinCC portion anywhere. In WinCC flex, you just select to "Run RT", or something similar (I don't have the software available to check). It should just be a toolbar button. If the connections are all setup correctly, the HMI project should start running on your PC and connect to the PLC.

Since you are using your PC for the HMI, your WinCC Flex project is already on the PC and thus there is nothing for you to download it to. Your PLC does not run the HMI program. So, from WinCC Flex start the runtime version (Project -> Compiler -> Start Runtime). If you do not have a runtime license on your PC, then you will get a warning message. If you choose skip, then you will continue to get periodic warning messages.

Now if you are using a different PC for your HMI than the one you develop you WinCC Flex project on, then you do need to transfer the project to that PC; but not the PLC.

Make sure the MPI address of your PC is the same as what your project expects the HMI device to be set at. You may have to change it as the PC address is often 0 and the HMI address is something else.

Hello again.
First of all I would say thanks a lot for all ur contributions it really helped me a lot. By the way I'm just a newbie with a S7 and WinCC flexible. The problem that I'm facing now is to give a command by switching "on/off" my contactors from the WinCC flexible project,which doesn't work but I have been able to do that with the S7 can anyone help??????
Many Thanks.

Well guys here is what my program in STL look like I just created 3 buttons(Clockwise,Anticlowise and Stop)

AN "Input 9"
= L 20.0
A L 20.0
A(
O "Input 10"
O Q 1.1
)
AN Q 2.1
= Q 1.0
A L 20.0
A(
O "Input 11"
O Q 2.1
)
AN Q 1.2
= Q 2.0
A L 20.0
A Q 1.2
= Q 3.0
A L 20.0
A Q 2.2
= "Output 1"

With my variable table I can switch on and off the contactors.
Many Thanks for ur help

Hello Cranky;
Now that you have contactors changing status in the PLC, you must have animations in your WinCC Flexible program that are linked to the addresses of these contactors (in the PLC).
How have you done this part of the job?
Then you must have a communication link parametrized between the PC you use to display the WinCC Flexible Runtime and the PLC. You stated earlier you were doing this over MPI. What hardware (card/adapter and cable) do you have, and what settings did you do in your WinCC Flexible program?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello Cranky;
Now that you have contactors changing status in the PLC, you must have animations in your WinCC Flexible program that are linked to the addresses of these contactors (in the PLC).
How have you done this part of the job?
Then you must have a communication link parametrized between the PC you use to display the WinCC Flexible Runtime and the PLC. You stated earlier you were doing this over MPI. What hardware (card/adapter and cable) do you have, and what settings did you do in your WinCC Flexible program?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier
Thanks alot (Grand Merci) Chartier
To linked these differents addresses from the program to the WinCC buttons I used the Tag function on the Wincc and set the differents bits to 1 for the two rotation mode as well as the two lamps' bit to show the rotation mode
I have a card CP5611(MPI), CPU 315-2DP 2FA03 QAB0 with on DI and DO. Regarding the setting on the Wincc I'm doing my project at the UNi lab all the setting have been done by the guys working here in the lab.
Many Thanks