Motor control

nabeel

Hello
I want a design for the following by ladder logic in Omron,please:
[FONT=&quot]1. FINE CONTROL - Inc and Dec the speed value on every press of the button. Changing speed say from 1RPM to 2RPM etc[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]2. MEDIUM CONTROL – If the operator holds the button pressed for 3seconds then automatically change the speed up or down. Changing 1RPM to 100RPM[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]3. COARSE COUNTROL – If the operator holds the button pressed for 15seconds then automatically change the speed up or down as fast as possible. Changing 1RPM to 2000RPM[/FONT]​

What type of equipment do you want to change speeds on? You might want to use a VFD to ramp up from 1-2000 rpm or you might see some premature failure. Do you have spare inputs? You could potentially replace the momentary P/B with a selector switch that might make your code a little less painless to write.

How many ramp up time can u prgm in ur drive. for making this type of logic you should go for a 3 pos selector switch if it is set in 1 pos. & button is pressed for 3 secs slower increase is started. then if sel pos is in pos 2 second condition will be used. u have to check it that how much ramp up time u can configure on drive

Parag

Hello Nabeel,I am currently struggling with this same motor control question.Did you find the answer any help you could give me would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks Ralph.

the button press options doesn't sound too bad but how are they doing the RPM? is it to a specific vfd? using what type of signal 4-20, ma 0-10 volt etc? if not what type of motor stepper? or AC which Omron processor? pehaps if you can post the question, show which area your stuck with asking a specific question, are you stuck with the button control or the RPM? What hardware do you need to use for this exercise? show us the work you have on it already and ask specific information and supply the criteria details and you will get better responses

if you need to use the same button for this exercise then the first thing you need to do is input the button press to start a timer. if timer is less than 3 sec do the fine control, + increment by one. whichever format of rungs you are required to your RPM scaling The value of 1 RPM should be constant I have no idea on the criteria for your RPM control without the details I posted earlier. If held for three seconds multiply that value by 100. If held by 15 seconds multiply by 2000. Hint store the 1 RPM into a DM memory location and the calculated value into another DM register. then use the calculated DM register to send to the motor. Again I can't provide details on that as I have no idea what type of motor control you need due to not knowing what motor or hook or hookups you need

one other hint press button use DIFU to start the timer release button use differentiate down to stop the timer. then use the accumulated value for your calculations. The type of output your using ie 4-20 will tell you what range of values control your analog output card. this will depend on what output card you have and what type of control voltage/MA you need. You will need to calculate 1 RPM with this information. This depends on your max possible RPM or range of RPM devided into the previous mentioned units. You will need to look up the previous mentioned units in the manual of your analog card. 4-20 will have one range of units. 0-10 volt will have another range of units etc