An Alternative to Panelview

tjoneill

Hello all,
I am just looking around for an alternative to the expensive
Panelview terminals and thought I would ask the experts for your opinions and what you use.
Most of our plc's are slc,micrologix and contrologix with DH485,DH+ and ethernet.
Thanks for your thoughts
Tim

Redlion G3 series will do dh485 and ethernet, wont do dh+ without some sort of convertor.

Good price, excellent product and tech support second to none.

They are regulars on this forum board as well.

I try not to use anything else now.

Hello all,
I am just looking around for an alternative to the expensive
Panelview terminals and thought I would ask the experts for your opinions and what you use.
Most of our plc's are slc,micrologix and contrologix with DH485,DH+ and ethernet.
Thanks for your thoughts
Tim
Parker CTC Xpress will work with your AB hardware.
6', 8', 10' HMIs.
It does come with all the drivers preloaded you just have to configure it when setting up your comms and the application.
About 1/2 the price of a panelview.
We've used it with Micro, SLC, Compact and Control Logix hardware, no issues.

Last time I checked the c-more line wont work with the non-logix processors. Red lion would work with what you have listed and GE has an HMI that is priced well that will work also. We have vids on the Red Lion and will have some on the GE soon if you want to see how they configure.

Russell

FYI on the c-more

Checked out the link - Cool. I looked into the C-More years ago and thought it looked like a good product. It doesnt list a serial port in the specs. Does it have one built in or do you have to use a USB adapter?

Russell

We use C-more's on almost all of our panels now. Most of the time we use Ethernet, a 5 port switch allows us to set up a dedicated comm link between the PLC and the screen and any other devices in the panel, and also allows us to plug the laptop in and watch everything in "real" time without the pain of swapping cables around.

I find that cutting one big hole in a panel door sure beats laying out, punching a zillion holes, installing all the switches and then wiring all of them.

BTW we use the 15 inch ones...they look sharp...(y)

David