Data from PanelView Plus 1000 and SLC 5/04

abrigo

I have a SLC 5/04 connected to a Panelview Plus 1000 throw a DH+ connection. I want to know if it is possible to connect a computer throw the ethernet port to the PV+ to get the same data that the SLC is sending, so I can have a full history log of the events and alarms that the SLC is monitoring.
Thanks!

It would be easiest if you were to connect an 1761-NET-ENI module to the serial port of the SLC, connect the ENI Ethernet port to the computer.

Then you would need some type of OPC server installed onto the computer, a database like SQL Express, and program that can read from the OPC server and write that data to the SQL database. I can't recommend one as we have one developed in house that does that for us so I don't have the experience in others to recomend one. I believe AB sells something...

You would need logic in the PLC to trigger data collection to fit your needs, then you would need some type of front-end on the database to generate the reports/info.

Last edited:
One utility used in the industry a lot is I/Gear (www.igearonline.com). You would need an OPC Server (RSLinx or Kepware) as well, but it will let you easily log any of the SLC data to a database, spreadsheet, text file, etc.

FYI, I am an engineer at I/Gear, but I am more on the integration side.