Ab di 1756-ib32

indra

Hi,

I have AB DIGITAL INPUT type 1756-IB32/B.
At the moment I want to test this module only ( separate / not connected from CPU ), is working OK or not.
I can put it into the rack because the machine is running, can not be STOPPED.
So, can anyone help me HOW TO TEST this DIGITAL input, especially the PIN OUT DESCRIPTION on the backside ( 4x18 pin . Maybe from this backside PINOUT, I can inject the power supply for 24Vdc to TEST this DI OK or NOT.

Regards,

INDRA

Hi,

I can put it into the rack because the machine is running, can not be STOPPED.

Regards,

INDRA

As far as I know you can plug the module in while it is running. I have done this before and have not had any problems. You will need to get online and add the module into the program and remove the inhibit. then you can remove the terminal block and make your connections. Just be careful, if you are testing it because you had a problem you might want to wait untilb you have some down time. You could also try and get in touch with your local supplier and see if they can test it for you.

Kevin