Loading a ControlLogix without RSLogix?

BillRobinson

Anybody know if this is possible? I have a client that doesn't what to buy the editing software but is worried about having a processor go down and having to reload the program.

Anybody know if this is possible? I have a client that doesn't what to buy the editing software but is worried about having a processor go down and having to reload the program.

What processor do they have? Like kellian said, if it supports compact flash you can store it to the flash card and set it to load on power up. Then just keep the flash card in the office somewhere. If they lose the program for some reason, pop the card in and cycle power.

What about the Service Edition?

Suggest the customer purchase RSLogix Service Edition. It is MUCH cheaper than the Standard Edition. You can upload/download programs and view. No editing.

Here is a link showing the various packages.