Need Some Programming Help

DanielM

New here name is Dan and I need some programming help.
I use rslogix500 plc is a micrologix1500 I have a HSC tied to it and a 845H encoder. I have all this installed on a coil cradle straightener along with a VFD what I would like it to do is the material is in the CCS and the encoder would keep track of the legnth being feed through it when it achieves the proper legnth the plc would stop the drive and send a output signal to the chopper press. If anyone has done something similar to this and you have a sample program to share that would be great.
Thanks,
Dan

I did something very similar, a sheet metal feed/cut system, and a drywall stud feed/cut.
Both were on Omron PLCs, so if you think you could translate to whatever you need, I could send them.

New here name is Dan and I need some programming help.
I use rslogix500 plc is a micrologix1500 I have a HSC tied to it and a 845H encoder. I have all this installed on a coil cradle straightener along with a VFD what I would like it to do is the material is in the CCS and the encoder would keep track of the legnth being feed through it when it achieves the proper legnth the plc would stop the drive and send a output signal to the chopper press. If anyone has done something similar to this and you have a sample program to share that would be great. Thanks, Dan

OK we need some mechanical paramaters
What is the material steel brass etc?
What are dimensions of material being uncoiled?
Will the dimensions change?
How fast are you feeding it to chopper
What is fastest cut rate on chopper
What is minimum length you want to cut
What is maximum length to cut

Dan Bentler

I did something very similar, a sheet metal feed/cut system, and a drywall stud feed/cut.
Both were on Omron PLCs, so if you think you could translate to whatever you need, I could send them.
If you want to send it that would be great I think I could get some useful info from it.
Thanks,
Dan

OK we need some mechanical paramaters
What is the material steel brass etc?
What are dimensions of material being uncoiled?
Will the dimensions change?
How fast are you feeding it to chopper
What is fastest cut rate on chopper
What is minimum length you want to cut
What is maximum length to cut

Dan Bentler
The widths would change and the legnths could be +/- .250" the material is steel the chopper is a old 150 ton stamping press that we converted to bolt in the chopper die. I have the encoder mounted to the final drive roller so the roller has tension and that's how I would keep track of the legnth. I have a 4 Pos SEL SW so I will have 4 legnths that need to be obtained 10" 36" 48"and 96" the chopper can go as fast as needed to keep up with the CCS. There is a VFD so I should be able to feed material as fast or as slow as needed
Thanks again,
Dan