Omron cqm1h lack of supply?

crankshanft

Good day all,
I bought a replacement cqm1h, for a cqm1 now I'm having to wait, two months (so far) for I/O modules. I'm wondering how hard it would be to convert this program over to a CS1. I'm thinking of converting this program now (without having one in hand) or will this CQM1 program run directly on a CS1.

The answer to your question depends on the application and the types of modules that are in use.
For an application that uses digital and analog IO, it is not a difficult process.
For an appliccation that uses high speed counters, pulse outputs, temperature control modules, etc (basically higher function items), it is a little more work, and it probably better suited to CJ than CS.

!

There's no high level functions, motor starting, proxs, an analog in, fairly straight forward program. What I've done was loaded the program into cx1 and just changed the plc type to CS1 and it all seemed to convert with the exception of the DM areas. does anyone know if this run without changes?

one more question if I may, why would a CJ be beter than a CS1,

cost is my biggest factor, but I do have a CS1 in another section of the plant so less inventory.
thanks for your time.

I have converted C200H and C200HS programs to CS1 by this method without a problem. These programs had analoguies and all sorts of other things and conversion of some of these had to be done by hand but the basic ladder for digital I/O ran faultlessly when converted. Did not have to change out I/O modules either by using the baclplanes with the new and old bus connectors.
I do not know why PMCR has suggested the CJ1 would be better suited as the CJ1, CS1, and CP1L have the same instruction set. I can only assume that price would be the reason.

I do not know why PMCR has suggested the CJ1 would be better suited as the CJ1, CS1, and CP1L have the same instruction set. I can only assume that price would be the reason.

Hi Bob, maybe because the CJ1 has the Temperature Modules, I am not sure if the CS1 does?

For an application that uses high speed counters, pulse outputs, temperature control modules, etc (basically higher function items), it is a little more work, and it probably better suited to CJ than CS.

As Stated, the key to this is knowing what the application is doing, and getting the IO in the correct place. There will be some issues, setting up the new analogue.

The other thing to be careful with, is the CQM1 is predominantly BCD based, if you are used to BCD, then this should not be a problem. You may notice that the conversion introduced a lot of BCD type instructions, as opposed to the normal Binary type ones you would maybe use in the CS/CJ range.

The CS1 does have temperature modules - have just converted several PLCs onsite from C200HS to CS1 using the above method. You just have to connect to the CS1 and create an I/O table, upload and CX-P will tell you where the temperature units have been moved to in memory. Works straight away.

My comment about a CJ1 vs CS1 were purely related to panel space.
The CQM1(H) is typically DIN Rail mounted. The CJ1 is also a DIN Rail mount PLC, as opposed to a CS1 which is usually directly panel mounted (there are DIN Rail mounting adpaters available for CS1).
Going from a CQM1 to a CS1 would potentially require more panel space, as the backplane is larger.
As far as program conversion from CQM1 to CJ vs CS, the process is almost identical, as the CS1 and CJ1 are nearly identical at the processor level.
If using a CS1 fits the panel, and helps cut down on inventory, have at it!
The setup of the analog module should be examined by hand. Check how it is setup in the CQM1, and then manually set it up in the CS or CJ.

It is all bcd. and I'm familiar with CQM1 but not the cs1 or cj1.
the analog is all new. so it's sounds pretty strait forward

thanks
Tom