help on PLC final year project

shera

hi.]..i'm shera..student of electrical and electronic engineering..i have a problem with my final year project..i have to apply PLC on electrical goods but i still dont know which electrical goods are suitable to apply the PLC..just sumting simple that i can do for my final year project..any of u have the ideas??i would be really grateful if u all can help me on my final year project..

elevator four floor i think simple for u'r final project and u can combine with servo motor or drive to control motor

hi.]..i'm shera..student of electrical and electronic engineering..i have a problem with my final year project..i have to apply PLC on electrical goods but i still dont know which electrical goods are suitable to apply the PLC..just sumting simple that i can do for my final year project..any of u have the ideas??i would be really grateful if u all can help me on my final year project..

I would avoid an elevator unless just two floors.

Take a look at the appliances in your home. Dishwasher, clothes washer, or outside - traffic lites, railroad,

The list is endless. Pick any machine you like see how it works ie cycles (washing machine) write sequence of cycles then decide if you want to use that as a model.

It is your project, you are the student, you are in school to learn so LEARN ON

Dan Bentler

thank you for the suggestions..now im doing final year project about all electrification house..and i have deciced to use PLC on that project..i plan to apply the PLC on "IH(induction heat)cooking heater" but the problem is i dont know which part can i modify the IH cooking heater by using PLC..can any of u suggest which part should i modify??just stuck and dont have idea on that matter..other than IH cooking heater i also thinking to apply it on dishwasher..please..help me..o_O

A PLC is great for controlling a process that you can break into "steps".

Is an IH cooking heater a process that uses steps?? What are they? What are the triggers to move from one step to the next?

OK Shera
You seem to want to stay with a residential application.
ASSIGNMENT
Go do your laundry.
Observe washing machine and each step it goes thru. What is result if you open the lid? Record each step.
Report back on the steps.
There should be six or seven if I recall correctly. I used this as a model in PLC class and used it to learn the sequencer command in AB.

I think an induction heater is a little too simple unless you went with a heat up ramp based on food temperature.
Dan Benter

OK Shera

Go do your laundry.
Observe washing machine and each step it goes thru. What is result if you

Which reminds me, my dishwasher has blown out its brains again. Do you think anybody would notice if I used one of my old Series One's to control it? :D

(Actually, I have a spare dishwasher, her name is Susana :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Here is the thread for Ken Moore's Clothes Washing Machine PLC program.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=12490

A clothes washer, clothes dryer, or dishwasher make good student residential simulation projects for a Programmable Logic Controller.

Then there is the old student standard, the traffic light. The traffic light can be simulated on a PLC with no additional input or output devices.

Why am I not surprised?
Rootboy, I can't figure out why you are not surprised. Please explain. Are you saying that Ken is in bad need of a clothes washer?

Last edited: