Control Logix Ethernet

ben

Hi All,

I am using a win2000professional laptop but cannot get my ethernet port to communicate with my plc.
I did have a go at using the Bootpserver but with not much luck. So I went on line with RS232 through the CPU and set up the ethernet card with an address that way. Was this a good idea?
What cable should I use? A straight through or crossover? What are the connection pins for this?
When I ping the PLC the laptop cannot see it?
Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Similar Topics

I have a system that is using TCP sockets. There are 5 connections between the Ethernet card and the end devices (smart conveying system)...
Replies
Views
I am trying to exchange data (N registers) to and from a Control Logix PLC. I am programming the messages in the Control Logix program, to...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m having issues figuring out how to connect a Schneider ATV930 to Control Logix PLC. Can’t figure out the Connection Parameters, I used the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m having issues figuring out how to connect a Schneider ATV930 to Control Logix PLC. Can’t figure out the Connection Parameters, I used the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am still fairly new to this. I am playing around with an Indradrive HCS01 controller. I have it talking to my L71 (V33.11) just fine...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom