WinCC Flex Changing attributes of multiple tags at one time

tim2

Does anyone know if its possible to change the connection for a group of tags all at once?

We have multiple similar machines all connected to one HMI. A colleague wants to be able to copy a screen for one machine, paste the screen into the project, and change the connection to the new machine in the tags all at once.

The machines are similar and have identical symbols for identical I/O in the different machines.

I can find reference to a "bulk data processing" in the documentation that implies it can be done, just can't figure out how to do it. thanks.

You should be able to do this with multiplex tags. It works like an array where you select the index value for the machine you want to view.

http://www.fer.hr/_download/repository/Users_Manual_WinCC_flexible_en-US.pdf

4.3.9 Indirect addressing of tags
Principle
In multiplexes, a type of indirect addressing, the tag used is first determined at runtime. A list
of tags is defined for the multiplex tags. The relevant tag is selected from the list of tags in
runtime. The selection of the tag depends on the value of the index tag.
In runtime, the system first reads the value of the index tag. Then the tag which is specified
in the corresponding place in the tag list is accessed.
Application example
Using indirect addressing, you could configure the following scenario:
The operator selects one of several machines from a selection list. Depending on the
operator's selection, data from the selected machine will be displayed in an output field.
To configure such a scenario, configure the index tag for a symbolic IO field. You configure
the multiplex tag for an IO field. Configure the tag list of the multiplex tag to reflect the
structure of the selection list.
If the operator selects another machine, the value of the index tag will change. The selection
field will then display the content of the tag which is pointed to in the tag list (in the multiplex

tag) by the new index value.