BCD to Integer instr. - STEP7

gumis

Hi all,

BCD to Integer instruction in STEP7 reads the contents specified in the input parameter as a three digit number in binary coded decimal format (BCD,+-999) and converts this number to an integer value. I understand that twelve less significant bits represents value and bit no.12 represents sign. Am I right?

My purpose is to convert eight bits ( MSB represents sign bit; bits:6,5,4 represent one BCD digit and 3,2,1,0 represent second BCD digit) to decimal value.

Could you give me some tip how to start up with this problem?

Regards,
gumis

Here's the source code for an FC that will do the job:

Code:
FUNCTION FC 3 : INT
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
  byData : BYTE ; 
END_VAR
VAR_TEMP
  bNegative : BOOL ; 
  byCopy : BYTE ; 
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =
      L     #byData; 
      T     #byCopy; 
      LAR1  P##byCopy; 
      A      [AR1,P#0.7]; 
      =     #bNegative; 
      R      [AR1,P#0.7]; 
      L     B [AR1,P#0.0]; 
      BTI   ; 
      A     #bNegative; 
      JCN   plus; 
      NEGI  ; 
plus: T     #RET_VAL; 
END_FUNCTION

Quick and dirty with an intermediary word (MW10):

Code:
      L     0                           // clear intermediary word
      T     MW    10
      L     #byte_BCD                   // load original data
      T     MB    11
      A     M     11.7                  // move sign bit from byte to word address
      =     M     10.7
      R     M     11.7
      L     MW    10                    // convert to integer
      BTI   
      T     #word_integer