conveyor

mastergnr7

I could use some help I'm a beginer at PLC Programming.

(1) Writing a Program using start and stop switches to activate motor contol relay.
(2) This relay will start a conveyor belt in motion.
(3) A drop switch will drop 1st block. A timer is needed to hold block drop for 1 second.
(4) a 4th switch will be used to release the 1st block. A timer is needed to hold block release for 2 seconds.
(5) When block passes Sensor 1, a new block will be droped.
(6) When a tall block passes Sensor 2, Cylinder 3 will knock it off the belt & a new block will be released.
(7) A delay will be necessary before the cylinder is activated & it is necessary to hold cylinder active for 1 second.
(8) When a short block passes Sensor 3, Cylinder 5 will knock it off the Conveyor belt & a new block will be released.
(9) A delay will be necessary before the cylinder is activated & it is necessary to hold cylinder active for 1 second.
(10) Finally, Sensor 4 will count all blocks that have not been knockedm off the conveyor belt, Store the data in an interger table & and release a new block.
(11) After 5 blocks have been knocked off the conveyor belt by the cylinders, the system will completely shut down.
(12) The system may then be reset by pressing the reset switch.

The Conveyor belt travels 1ft/ 5.875 seconds.
It's 11 inches between Sensor 2 & Cylinder 3
It's 6.75 inches between Sensor 3 & Cylinder 5
rogramming a conveyor.

Attached is my Ladder rungs for this program i just needed a little help if possible.

Thank to all of you.

Converyfinal.jpg

Last edited:
i had read your program, i think your program not sequential and strange,
in number 3 ( timer is needed to hold block drop for 1 second) u select timer on delay this timer can hold for 1 second but wait for 1 second, and another step i think can't working..
can u give attachment layout conveyor in pdf for more detail y'r description project, may be i can make a program for u

You need to post this in the actual forum. This is the practice post area.

I am confused about this area.

If you post correctly, then it shows up in the forum.

If you do it wrong it doesn't show up.

So how do you know if use the real forum to practice and screw it up?

So what do we post here in the practice area?

If you look at it , it's just a place for people to accidentally post to thinking it's the forum.

So it's like a trap feature.

And why repost to the "real" forum? Just practice answering his post that he practiced posting.

This is the one thing about this site that makes no sense at all.

My first post was to the real forum, I couldn't figure out what there was to practice.

You can use notepad to practice typing.

And since you saw this post to comment, it must be showing up as a real forum post. So what's the diff?

A Practice post only shows up in the "real" forum if the operator (Phil and co-hort) chooses to move it here. Sometimes they do, if it is relevant.

The Practice area is good for people to see if their messages are really being posted. Many can't believe that they, too, can be an Author!

Last edited:
Soday,

I am sorry if my program seemed strange to you.

However, usually a more important thing is whether or not it works. Once we get it to function correctly, then we can go back and make it less strange!

I tested this program using each step of Mastergunners list. It seemed to pass all of them.

In number 3 (timer is needed to hold block drop for 1 second) you select timer type as On Delay. This timer can[not] hold for 1 second, but wait for 1 second...
The RSLogix TON timer has bits for Timer Timing, Timer Done, and Timer Enabled. Using the TT bit allows the timer to hold itself ON for the time period. I used the TON for Step 3 because I intrepreted this:
A timer is needed to hold block drop for 1 second
to mean that once the Block Drop solenoid is energized, it must be held ON (sealed in, or latched) for 1 second. Otherwise it will not have time to do its function. I think you intrepret it to mean that there should be a 1 second delay before the Block Drop is energized. Perhaps you are correct.

What does Mastergnr think is the correct interpretation?

Yes, some of my logic is not in sequence with Mastergnr's assignment steps. But by combining some of those steps, the program is much more efficient, and doesn't go around in logic circles.

Can you give [an] attachment [of a] layout [for the] conveyor in a PDF file, for more details.
I do not think that Mastergnr has anything except the assignment steps that he posted. He did give the conveyor length, speed, and sensor locations. You could make a layout for us to use.

Last edited:
A Practice post only shows up in the "real" forum if the operator (Phil and co-hort) chooses to move it here. Sometimes they do, if it is relavent.

The Practice area is good for people to see if their messages are really being posted. Many can't believe that they, too, can be an Author!

I still don't get it.

I can see if it posted in the regular forum.

And if I post **** to the regular forum , I assume they can delete it.

Does every post made in the practice area have to be "approved"?

I suspect that Phil has some automatic programming that selects certain traits to move over to the real forum. That keeps all the "This is a test" posts from getting moved over.

Last edited:
I still don't get it.

I can see if it posted in the regular forum.

And if I post **** to the regular forum , I assume they can delete it.

I do remember this post originally being in the practice area. It was not originally in the "regular" area. Somehow, it got moved.

In the past, I've modded forums and it's not unusual for posts to get moved about as needed.

Moral of the story: Don't worry about it

And, yes, posts can also be deleted. I know there have been spam posts here that I've reported and Phil has taken care of.