moving a numeric value in Mitsubishi

hsroomi

hello guys,
i am using mitsubishi FX2n PLC and i want to calculate the RPM of a particular roller, the problem i m facing is that i want to move a numerica value in data register for the calculation of RPM, i have got the basic value and have moved to another data register but i want to multiply it by 60 as per the formula of RPM given in the instruction manual, but the funtion of MOVE and another related functions are not accepting directly the numeric value i.e multiplication or division, and i am not able to also find any funtion in which we can define a numeric value in any register..... so what will be the solution?
thanks in advance

Hi friend,

i want to ask you first, how do you input your numeric value (where did your numeric value came from?)

because, basically here is an example of how to multiply the value to 60.

--[X0]----------------[MOV K30 D0]--

--[X1]----------------[MUL D0 K60 D1]--

so when you turn on X0, your D0 will have a value of 30. (please note that if X0 is turned off, the value 30 will be erased from D0)

when X1 turns on, it will activate the multiply function, so having a value of 30 on D0, it will be then multiplied to the constant 60 (K60).
the result of the operation will be then moved to D1. So D1 has now the value of 18000.

Are you sure when x0 is off then d0 will erase the value

I thought the value of 30 had been moved into d0 and will remain there.

I could be wrong but think I'm right please check

Andy

Are you sure when x0 is off then d0 will erase the value

I thought the value of 30 had been moved into d0 and will remain there.

I could be wrong but think I'm right please check

Andy

uh. maybe your right but i have a past scenario that when the driving contact is off,the value returns to zero.

or maybe i forgot if i have placed a reset function for D0. :)

Den Mark - several times now you have given false or wrong information on here and other posts.
Please check your facts before posting. This is and can be very confusing to learners.
One of the primary functions of this site is to teach 'newbies' about plc's.

In your example '30' would stay in the register after X0 is false unless another value was placed there later by other code or a reset used or power was turned off - even then, if D0 has been designated as a retentive register it would not lose its value after a power cycle.

oh sorry bout the 1800 friend its just a typing error.. my apologies. I'll try to make it clear next time.

friend goody,
My apologies. I will do my best to make it more understandable next time.

Last edited: