What is Local data stack?

Ong

What is Local data stack ( L stack) of S7? And How to use?
Please explain more it will be good if have an example.

:site:

Thank you in advance
Ong

Local data are scratch flags.

The use is to store 'temporary' information in a block, the status of the flags are 'unknown' when the block is first called (every bit could be off or on) and once the block ends they are released for another block to use.

An example of use could be in a calculation, where the L flags can be used to store intermediate parts of the calculations.

Similar Topics

Siemens S7-300 Hello! i'm new in PLC and have some questions. 1 question. How i can read this: L DW#16#84000000 Decimal number unsigned...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to read the opc data's of 5000 Code from a remote plc to a local plc. In that local PC rslinx enterprise was installed , in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of (learning) tiding up an s7 project and came accross a small problem. In the attached image is a flip flop for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have the attached code and am testing it using PLC SIM. The PLC goes to STOP mode with an "Error when allocating local data", requested...
Replies
Views
This may sound academic, but just for the sake of my understanding, I would like to copy the fixed part of local variables in for instance...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom