230v vfd drive

gaannesh

i have connected by mistake 230 volt single phase vfd drive to 44o volts .
jsut for one second and disconnected.

now when i connect the 230 volt the circuit breaker trips.

is it easy to repair,? or should be replaced.

local seller says no repair facility with them.

If its tripping the breaker immediately you may have caused a dead short in the output circuitry in the drive If its not immediate then try a larger FLA % and increase ramp time if this does not work then replace the drive We usually send our drives out for repair but if the drive in this case has no repair service then your out of luck

With a little luck it's just the rectifier and/or one of the caps that's shorted. If this is the case, then the output should be allright.

Now if you're a bit handy...

If it's 25hp or smaller, it's over. Throw it away. If you send it back to the manufacturer, they will throw it away for you and send you a new one anyway.

If it's larger than that, the first test would be the input diodes. Use a diode tester working from the + and - DC bus terminals to the three AC input leads. If you have any bad ones, and it doesn't matter which ones since they are all built into one block, look to see if the diode block can be separated from the circuit board that it is mounted on. It will usually be sandwiched in between the heatsink and the circuit board.

If the circuit board connections can be separated from the circuit board without destroying the board, you can replace the block. Otherwise, with a bad diode block, you still end up throwing away the drive.

If the drive is very large (over 400 amps, or so), you may encounter separate diode blocks or maybe diode pairs in one block. In that case you can replace just the bad one if you can get it out without wrecking everything close to it.

Good luck. 99% chance you will be throwing it away, sadly.

230 vfd drive

Gaannesh,what is the current rating (Ampere) of the VFD? The circuit breaker should not be lower that the VFD current rating. If your breaker is not undersized you can check the rectifier for short circuits. Normally this is the component that will get busted in cases of over voltage. What is the Brand of the VFD if its Danfoss the rectifier type that their using is easy to find in electronic components shop. Hope this comment helps...

its delat vfd single phase 230 volt input.(0.75kw)

breaker capacity is more than the vfd.

its was running smooth.

when we shifted the machine i connected to 440 volts by mistake.

Let me help restate what I think the OP is saying.

Its a single phase input for the drive. Therefore it's not a big one. .75 KW = 1 HP.

The breaker that is tripping is doing so all the time. Just powering up the drive causes it to trip.

A drive of this size / type is about $128 USD from Automation Direct.

Your drive is Tango Uniform. I would replace the drive with a new one.