twido bluetooth comms

stevedunk

anybody familiar with setting up bluetooth comms pc to twido plc? i am using the correct schneider dongle and i have asaked schneider for advice, thought it might be quicker on this site to get a result.

I use it, works very well.

Anyway, Twidosoft don't see bluetooth adapter if it's com port number is bigger than 6 or something like that. I had to manually change adapter com port number from 11 to 2 (Device manager), when I installed it to my computer. (Win XP installed adapter to com 11 first)

Sometimes XP don't see bluetooth adapter, but if you power cycle/reconnect adapter to twido PLC, it will work again.

(For some reason bluetooth pairing don't work allways between win XP and adapter, but after power cycling the adapter pairing works again)

Lare

thanks for that Lare,
It is a bit annoying that i have to restart the PC before i can reconnect to the plc after i disconnect from it I'll sort it out eventually but apart from that it works well.

I don't need to restart pc if bluetooth communication fails to twido PLC. All I need to do is disconnect bluettoth adapter from Twido PLC and put it back /reconnect to PLC, after that I have allways managed to go online via bluetooth.

(I meaned on previous post that I need to power cycle bluetooth adapter, restarting PC is not needed.)

Lare