RSview Startup Problems

jadeorg

My RsView HMI monitor has gone blank.If the HMI is rebooted, the monitor comes on briefly displays OS startup progress but goes blank shortly after therefore making it almost impossible to do troubleshooting.If the power supply is removed from the HMI for some time (eg. 1 day )the system will reboot, start the application and display process information however the problem will occur after approx 5mins after startup. Subsequent reboots of the HMI will see the HMI monitor going blank during OS startup. Can you help me guys?

Must be a PV+? Doesn't sound good. If you can get it to start for a while, I know with the PV+ you can monitor the unit temp. There must be some kind of backlight. I know on the old panelviews we've had to replace those long skinny backlights before. Have to figure out if it's just the screen going dark or if the whole unit is shutting down.

It's kind of difficult to determine if its just the screen going dark or its a system shutdown. If I am to make a guess i'd say its the screen going dark since there seems to be some hard drive activity when tis happens