OT: SCCR Industrial Control Panels in Canada

drawson

As I understand it UL508A requires that all instrial control panels be marked with the overall SCCR of the panel and a method is established for arriving at this rating. I also understand that the US NEC states that a panel must have an SCCR greater than the available fault current available in the system into which the panel is being installed.

My question is I do not see anywhere in the Canadian Electrical Code that this is a requirement. Does anyone know the relevent section of the CEC?

I don't have the CEC with me right now and I can't think of a specific rule in it. However most electrical equipment is evaluated based on the CSA SPE-1000. The SPE-1000 rule 5.1(l) on marking states
(l)for electrical equipment required to interrupt current and rated at 750v and less, interrupting ratings in accordance with Part II standards. (To be plainly marked in a permanent manner)