PLC5 > SLC5/04 String MSG Errors

Kabir

I have recently been working on a project that involves a PLC5/40 system and a SLC5/04 networked together through DH+.

I've setup a MSG instruction to write string data in file ST102 of the PLC5/40 into ST102 of the SLC5/04. The message instruction executes without error and the data appears in the SLC5/04. The thing is sometimes the string data gets corrupted before it reaches the SLC file.

For Example if ST102:1 in the PLC5 contains string "APF 17%" I may get something like "APF 17n" in the SLC ST102:1.

I have tried all sorts of thing to correct this I get errors like an extra r at thhe end of the word finisher and so on as well.

Has anyone had a problem like this before please help...

Is it possible that the source String element gets updated during the MSG execution ?

Try copying the source String to a buffer String before you send it over the MSG instruction.