Problem Communicating with 1769-OB32 over devicenet

m-costa

I have a Micrologix 1500 configured with a 1769-SDN communicating with 1769-OB32 24VDC output module using a 1769-ADN.

The Micrologix reads the adjoining module a 1769-IQ32 to memory address I:1.66 this one reads fine to the 1500.

The RSNetWorx shows that the 1769-OB32 is mapped to O:1.2 and O:1.3. When I activate any of the bits in ladder logic, the outputs do not switch.

Looking at RSNetWorx the 1769-ADN is not seeing any of the mapped outputs being sent.

Any ideas?

Let's visit the fundamentals:

Are there any errors indicated by the 1769-SDN display ?

Do you have the "Run" bit in the 1769-SDN Command Word (O:1.0/0) set true, with the MicroLogix 1500 in RUN mode ?

Inputs will read fine in controller Program mode or scanner Idle mode, but outputs will not be sent.

Let's visit the fundamentals:

Are there any errors indicated by the 1769-SDN display ?

Do you have the "Run" bit in the 1769-SDN Command Word (O:1.0/0) set true, with the MicroLogix 1500 in RUN mode ?

Inputs will read fine in controller Program mode or scanner Idle mode, but outputs will not be sent.

Hi.
I have de same problem, I have a remote backplane with 4 slots 2x iq32 and 2 oq32, the equipament works well, and quickly stop work and I have 2 iq32 without communication and 2 oq32 works. I can’t understand the command run for s
Slots. Can you explain please?

Hi.
I have de same problem, I have a remote backplane with 4 slots 2x iq32 and 2 oq32, the equipament works well, and quickly stop work and I have 2 iq32 without communication and 2 oq32 works. I can’t understand the command run for s
Slots. Can you explain please?

What is the PLC connecting to the remote rack?

That's an Ethernet adapter, not a DeviceNet adapter. And you revived this thread that had been resolved for almost 15 years.

Please go to the main PLCTalk Q&A page and click the green "Start a new thread" button. Post as much information about your system as you can.

What does the Module Info tab say?

What he said.....The rest of your modules are online, you have keying disabled, so likely a full module mismatch (wrong model). If you go to the module tab it will compare the online module found with your project and you can see the differences.