Funky Slc 500 Addressing

The Plc Kid

I have a panelview 1000 touch application. I am trying to find where a value comes from in the plc program.

In panelbuilder 32 if I edit my numeric display tag I have an address of N253:35 and if I look in the cross ref of my plc program which is a slc 5/04 OS401 I only see the ranges displayed like this N253:0/6 and I do not see N:253:35 at all.

I have changed the address display option in rslogix 500 to every combo you can have and these addresses do not seem to change the plc and the panelview communicate by RIO and most of the comms is on a block transfer.

What am I doing wrong? This is my first stab at RIO so I maybe overlooking something?

Not an expert on SLCs, but....

What does it show when you hover the mouse over the bit in the integer table. Sometime the little yellow pop up tag shows the address in that format.

funky addresses

A numeric display is going to consist of an entire integer word, it will be using the individual bits as one word. In other words, N253:35 would consist of N253:35/0 through N253/15. If you use the search function, you should be able to type in N253:35 and locate its whereabouts in the program.
Hope this helps.

If you go to the menu (in RSLogix) VIEW, then ADDRESS DISPLAY you will see where you can change the PLC addresses displayed to be in the format you are more comfortable with (word/bit, etc)