How to copy string data to integer as ascii in micrologix 1100?

SirScott

I have a micrologix 1100 and I need to extract characters from a string data type and store the ascii values for each character in an integer type data table space. I was able to do this in a 5/03 processor, but the micrologix 1100 doesn't support the direct addressing of characters in the string like in the 5/03.

in the 5/03 for example, I would use the following instruction.

MOV #ST118:0.DATA[1] N119:11

One of you experts have a method I can use in the Micrologix 1100?

Thanks in advance, :unsure:

If I'm reading this correct look at the ACI instruction convert string to integer destination is your st118:0 destination N119:11. this is from what I see in publication 1763-rm001b-en-p micrologix 1100 instruction set reference under literature on the AB website

Thanks Bernie! :site:I removed the # signs and it works fine in the micrologix 1100. I wonder why AB chose a different syntax for the micrologix?

Your hoped-for short easy answer is to use the ASCII Extract (AEX) instruction, followed by the ASCII-Conversion-to-Integer (ACI) instruction, very carefully!