DeviceNet

jed

I am using DeviceNet 9.0 and need to change a module which is faulty. The item is a "PointIO 4pt 24Vdc Source Output Enhanced" which is at node 04 and Revision 3.013. The new module is Revision 3.018.
When I replace the faulty module with the new one it comes up as node 37 and Revision 3.018, but how do I copy the parameters from the faulty module at node 04 into it or does the Scanner do this? Obviously I am new to DeviceNet but have other mods to do after this one.

Thanks to the people who have answered my questions before, I don't know how to reply to an answer.

I take it you are using RSNetworx for DeviceNet v9.00?

First step, make the node number for the new device 04. Not sure if this is done with dip switches on your module or software. You didn't provide a catalog number. How did you get it set to 37?

That may be all you have to do. The minor rev difference on an I/O module may not matter. There usually is very little in terms of configuration for a digital I/O block as well.

It's possible that once you get the node numbers matched, you can download the old parameters (assuming you have a valid dnt file).