Siemens plc and 200 different programs?

sampsag

Hi,

I have a customer who is asking if we can make a machine which is controlled with Siemens devices.
Customer wants 200 different programs and every programs has 7 adjustable stages.
(Usually our machines have max. 10 programs, never before have this kind of problem.)

So basicly it is: 200 (prg nr) x 7 (int-values) = 1400 (int values)

And there should be some program in plc which is counting the total time for selected program when machine is running...

Just wondering how this program selection should made? Any suggestions?

We usually use 315-2Dp and TP177B where is possibility to use 100 recipes + 200 data records/recipe and 200 entries/data records.

Should i go straight to 317 cpu(or 319) and MP270(or370) panel which have more memory?

OP277 has 300 recipes. MP277 has 1000 recipes. So that could be the answer.
Or you could do it in the PLC. A 315-2DP can store up to 64kB in one DB (*), so there is enough to store 1400 INTs (2.8 kB)
*:The very latest version of 315-2DP that has just been released. The previous version had max 16kB per DB.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thx for your answer Jesper!
Hmm, about 3k memory for 1400 integers. BTW how do yuo calculate it? Or do yuo see it somewhere at manual?
I think i go for 317 cpu and TP177B-panel-->just want to be sure there is enough program memory for other machine functions too...
I´m gonna do the program saving/reading procedur in the plc(no recipe function).