Siemens Connection via Ethernet

johankotze7

Can some-one please help me.

I have a Siemens 317 2DP\PN CPU on a packaging line.
I would like to know that is the most effiecient way to get a couple of values from the PLC via ethernet to a PC.
If I use OPC how does it work ?

Ethernet/databases etc. are new for me.
icon6.gif

Type in Kepserver in Google.

It is off the shelf software that is readily available that will communicate to various platforms, and transitions them to a location for you to use the data.

Similar Topics

Hi guys I have a siemens 1500 with a cp1543-1 industrial network card, which I would like to connect the factory network to my plc , so I can...
Replies
Views
Hiya, Im triggering a cognex camera by a sensor and from then on i want my In-Sight Explorer program to do something and have an output string...
Replies
Views
I have a client site with a network of S7-400 PLCs on a LAN (CP 443's) about 400 km from my office. My client's IT people have set up a Citrix VPN...
Replies
Views
I'm interested to know how to configure the OPC connection between the YOKOGAWA DCS and the Siemens VIA CC servers. Is anybody is having the idea...
Replies
Views
Been fighting all morning with a stubborn HMI. It just won´t connect with the plc. attaching from settings. Have i missed anything? Both plc and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom