Slightly OT Sturdy 24VAC Light fixture

allscott

This is a bit of an odd one but here goes anyway.

We have a machine that uses 24VDC flourescent fixtures to light up the inside of it while running. The fixtures contain two tubes about 16" long. The machine is a wire bobbin takeup and as such there is occasional wire flapping around inside the machine smashing against everything in site including this fixture.

The OEM fixtures are good heavy duty die cast units with very thick acrylic covers and have stood up quite well over the years but we have still managed to beat one into submission and I need a replacement.

The OEM replacement is $700.00 and is in Germany.

So can anyone recommend a supplier for a good heavy duty 24V DC floresent fixture that I can get in North America.

thanks.

edit: title says 24VAC should be DC, cant seem to change the title

Last edited:
Idec also has 24 VDC LED strip lights which are designed as a replacement for fluorescent lights.

http://www.idec.com/usen/products/Catalogs/LED/LED.html

Nice lights, but holy smokes, those suckers are expen$ive The IP67 LED bar lists at 900 bucks!
LF1AD2F.JPG

The IP57 strips aren't so bad at 210 a pop. I'll hang on to that link for future reference. Thanks.

Nice lights, but holy smokes, those suckers are expen$ive The IP67 LED bar lists at 900 bucks!
LF1AD2F.JPG

The IP57 strips aren't so bad at 210 a pop. I'll hang on to that link for future reference. Thanks.

Funny, I just priced out the exact same one, looks like a nice fixture but yea $900 aint cheap. I ordered one of their IP54 rated strips, we'll see how that holds up.

Thanks for the links guys.