Mitsubishi ethernet communication

epeart

Hi,

I'm trying to send data from 6 PCs to a Q series PLC. Each PC will send only one word to the PLC. How can I do this? Is it possible to do it without using the MX OPC Server software?

Regards,

No, the plan is to connect the PCs to a Ethernet Switch where the PLC is already connected.

Is it possible to do it like in AB? I mean, just put somthing like a MSG instruction and then receive the words in the dessignated memory area?

No, the plan is to connect the PCs to a Ethernet Switch where the PLC is already connected.

Is it possible to do it like in AB? I mean, just put somthing like a MSG instruction and then receive the words in the dessignated memory area?

The q-series uses OPEN and READ instructions to pull raw ASCII strings off ethernet into the PLC. These instructions are explained in one of the q-ethernet manuals.

Mexico is covered by the tech support group in Chicago, IL. I know that have a sample PLC program and VB program (for the PC) to demonstrate doing this sort of thing - if you ask nicely...