is it possible to communicate between two CP-317f through cp 343?

anubdawson

Is it possible to communicate between two siemens CP-317F PLCs by using cp 343?How to configure the hardware??i want to handshake the signals between two plcs.

Is it possible to communicate between two siemens CP-317F PLCs by using cp 343?How to configure the hardware??i want to handshake the signals between two plcs.
Yes, it is possible.

But why spend money on two CP343's if it is perfectly possible to communicate through the programming ports? Why do you need CP343? How much data are you exchanging, what type is the data and how often do you need to communicate?

Based on that info it might well be you'll be saving major bucks and yet obtain the goal you're aiming at.

Kind regards,

If the "handshake signals" are critical in importance and timing, then a reliable solution would be to setup both PLCs as DP masters for one DP/DP coupler, and then exchange the signals that way. Will also be less expensive than adding a CP343-1's to each PLC.