Step 7 help

sayahan2003

Dear friends
as i told u before, i changed my old 315-2DP cpu with a new one. now my problem is the I/O address in old cpu is different from new cpu. for example: first digital input card has byte 0,1 but in new cpu it is byte 10,11. so if i want to change the address in whole program, how can i do it? for example i must change address I0,0 to I10,0 in whole program. plz help me. should i do it 1 by 1 or i can change all address in the same time?

The i/o addresses do not change simply because you replace the CPU.

If you exchange the CPU for a different type, and you have to make a new HW config, simply assign the same i/o adresses as before.

dear jesper
u are right but there is a problem here. in my old cpu, i/o is starting from byte 0 but in new cpu, when i go to hardware config,and select first input card, it start from byte 10. and when i try to change this address manually, a error came, says that the first address is 10 and i cant use 0.

That is because you have used address 0 somewhere else.
Start by setting the existing addresses like this:
0-->100
10-->110
etc.
Then you can freely set the adresses between 0 and 99.
You get the idea.

I dont know where your problem is.
I can setup a 6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0 with modules starting at 0..1 and 4..5 no problem. STEP7 suggest these addresses when you select addressing to System default.
Do you have any Profibus i/o ?

Picture for info if you don't have any other IO

Right click on the hardware module then change the settings.
See picture

untitled.jpg

Dear jesper
in the first slot, if i try to put a DO card, there is no problem. but if i use a DI card, then the plc suggest to use address 10. and yes. i have a profibus

To see what is using addresses 0-9, please go to the View menu option and select Address Overview. If it's not obvious, post your results here so that we can see.

SS

u have cpu 315-2dp(1)
and cpu 315-2dp how does it add that (1)?
usually numbers are added when something is duplicate..

(could not reproduce ur situation)