Copy several cd’s to one dvd

Kataeb

Hy guys, I need to copy several cd’s to one dvd. Is it possible? How?

The cd’s are used for a software installation. Will we be able to install the software from the newly created dvd?

Thanks

You are thinking it is complicated. It is not. Copy the CD files to your hard drive. Drag & Drop.

Do you know how to write CD's ? It's the same for DVD's. There is nothing special about this as it's just data to a larger disk.

I use http://cdburnerxp.se/ for everything.

But the cd’s are used for a software installation.
Will we be able to install the software from the newly created dvd?
I mean instead of using 3 cd's to install a software, i use one dvd...

Thank you

You will still be able to install them, but it will take about 30 seconds more of your time. When you drag and drop them to your PC, rename them for what they are so you will see them in the future. Then, whenever you need to install them, just open up MY COMPUTER or browse the DVD and double click the one you want to install.

You should be fine how Gig Jr suggested. It's a little different if the installers are looking for those specific CDs (not common these days). In that case you'd burn each CD as an .ISO image and "mount" it with a piece of software.

usually they don't ask for second disc if content of different discs are in same folder (or if subfolders "disc1", "disc2" etc.). the only way to know for sure is to try it out.

probably the cleanest way is to make ISO images of installation discs then burn them all as files onto one larger media (such as DVD).
then you use virtual CD/DVD drive (WinImage is free for example but cd/dvd burner software often includes own version) and mount ISO of your choice.