Problem with a Counter / Pico GFX

toygasm4u

Hello all,
I have a simple (I thought) application in which I need to count pulses for an RPM measurement. I have an input wired to a counter in my logic, and I keep missing pulses. Actually, I miss about 75% of my pulses.

The pulse is 25ms on and 0.3 ~ 1.5 seconds off. The scan time, according to the real time display in the programming software, is only 1~2ms, the program for now, is only 5 rungs. This should be dumb simple, but I can't figure out for the life of me why this processor would be missing these input pulses.

Any hints or suggestions?

Are you wired into a high speed counter module/input ? I don,t think the GFX is designed to handle high speed inputs but is generally a bog standard controller like the siemens logo etc

The PICO has high speed counter inputs (I1~I4), which I'm using. It also has a frequency counter function blocks (CF1~CF4). They have to be dedicated to the associated input, so CF4 will only operate with I4, etc. I didn't have any luck getting the frequency counter to work either, which is why I opted for the simple counter setup.

Whats the voltage of the pulses?
Check the signal delay setting (debounce)

The I/O is operating at 120VAC, and debounce is turned on in the processor settings. Would it be possible that the 60Hz power on the high speed input is messing with me regardless of mark to space timing? (I'm gonna try this).

The I/O is operating at 120VAC, and debounce is turned on in the processor settings. Would it be possible that the 60Hz power on the high speed input is messing with me regardless of mark to space timing? (I'm gonna try this).

See picture below, debounce setting could be your problem.

debounce.jpg