Work in progress, comments please

timbo_uk

Hello again,

Still working on my tank mixing project between breakdowns and maintenance!

It would be really helpfull if any of you fancy looking at what I have so far (BTW I still class myself as a novice programmer compared to the regulars on here:geek:)

For the fill sequence (x12!)I will be using 1 ladder for each tank; the steps will be controlled by an integer count.

The program is written for EASY diagnostics, and not for compactness! I appreciate that much of this could be done using indorect adressing etc, but I have plenty of space so want it to beeasy to follow!

It is still work in progress, and I know some features (power failure recovery etc) still need to be nailed.

Here is the original concept:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42886

I have attatched the program so far, plus a pdf with a scan of a rough flow chart for filling one of the tanks, and a rough flow chart for one section of the fill sequence. Alos on the pdf is the tank valve layout.

Any comments and suggestions welcomed!

Edit - scans were too big, but time for home now; will add tonight!

Last edited:
Hi, I have now attatched the pdf files for proposed sequences.
Any pointers/suggestions would be great before I try to code them.

I have been reading on the forum about sequencers (SQO) etc, but really like the use of an integer as a step count.

The three attatched pdf files are the valves layouts for the tanks, a rough sequence for a section of the fill sequence for 1 solvent, and then an overall step sequence for a complete tank fill.

Thanks

PS. Sorry for the roughness of the sequences, thats what brain-storming does for you at 3am!!

I see a few of you have downloaded the program, I hope your not all either scratching your heads, or worse still, rolling on the floor laughing!

This is now a totaly shameless bump up the forum (y)

Has anyone had chance to look at this, I would like to know if I am heading in the right direction with it.

Thanks

FRom what I saw it looks like you well documented the program which is probably the best thing you can do to help others who have to troubleshoot it later.

I saw what you meant by programming for easy diagnostics. I think most programers would have used a counter and a reset for the counting taking place in LAD 3 and LAD 4.

In LAD 12 you may want to consider a de-bounce on your level switch. I usually put a de-bounce timer on every level sensor, then if I do not need it I just set the time to zero. Makes thing easier in the field during startup.

FRom what I saw it looks like you well documented the program which is probably the best thing you can do to help others who have to troubleshoot it later.

I saw what you meant by programming for easy diagnostics. I think most programers would have used a counter and a reset for the counting taking place in LAD 3 and LAD 4.

In LAD 12 you may want to consider a de-bounce on your level switch. I usually put a de-bounce timer on every level sensor, then if I do not need it I just set the time to zero. Makes thing easier in the field during startup.

Good, at least there is nothing too bad in there, thanks.

Right, actually got some time to get back onto this one!

I am currently going in circles banging my head. I have an issue with ladder 6 line 2, where the FIFO does not unload to N7:2 at all, even though the logic looks correct.

There is data in the FIFO.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just cannot see why, can anyone assist?
I have attatched the project file.

2009-09-21_235342.jpg 2009-09-21_235357.jpg 2009-09-21_235416.jpg 2009-09-21_235435.jpg

Attachments

• 550A_SOL.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: