Siemens PLC for crane

sayahan2003

Dear friend,
i have a hydralift crane that use Siemens 315-2 DP cpu.
the crane has 2 joystick and one finger touch proface monitor. already i changed the old cpu with a new version. i downloaded new config in new cpu.right now, the crane is working well but my problem is some of the softkey on proface monitor not working. but some others working. do u have any idea what is the problem?

As long as the tags that proface is trying to talk to the Siemens plc with have not been deleted some how, the only other thing I can think of is that the screen requires calibration.

Disconnect the link cable to the PLC and you should get a fault message. Press "Offline" and "calibrate screen" (Depending on the model).

If this does not work, the screen could be faulty or tags deleted!

As long as the tags that proface is trying to talk to the Siemens plc with have not been deleted some how, the only other thing I can think of is that the screen requires calibration.

Disconnect the link cable to the PLC and you should get a fault message. Press "Offline" and "calibrate screen" (Depending on the model).

If this does not work, the screen could be faulty or tags deleted!
the screen is fine coz when i use old cpu, it works fine.i am going to try ur suggestion about calibration. just want to know nothing will happend to the software loaded in proface?and as i told u, with old cpu, proface is working. so i need to calibrate it again?

Last edited:
what do u mean GP pro? plz explain more.
my old plz 6ES7-2AF03-0AB0 and new one is 6ES7-2AG10-0AB0
i did new hardware config. but i didnt change anything in software. i downloaded the old software in new cpu. all blocks downloaded except OB81. it said "unable to copy OB81" and i dont know why. now, just some pages on Proface cant be shown. i mean when i touch on some softkey to open a page, nothing will happen. but i checked that when i press these softkey,assinged bit will change in cpu but nothing happen on the screen.

GP pro is the software for proface HMI, friend you are using siemens plc with proface screen, first of all u check the compatibility of the screen with the plc. Yes, it is possible that you are facing the compatibility problem also check the communication cable PLC-HMI. and if all works ok then you have lost the tags in the software or have some problem in plc. use gp pro software upload the program from screen and check the tags according to your program.
thanks

GP pro is the software for proface HMI, friend you are using siemens plc with proface screen, first of all u check the compatibility of the screen with the plc. Yes, it is possible that you are facing the compatibility problem also check the communication cable PLC-HMI. and if all works ok then you have lost the tags in the software or have some problem in plc. use gp pro software upload the program from screen and check the tags according to your program.
thanks
dear friend,
as i told before, when i use my old cpu, i mean 2AF03, there is no problem with proface. but when i use new cpu, 2AG10, proface not working well. i think it means that proface is ok. but how can i check the compatibility of new cpu with proface?

You said that OB81 would not download. OB81 seems to be supported in the 2AF03 (see first picture), but it does not seem to be supported in the 2AG10 (see second picture); at least it is grayed out in the HW Config. OB81 is an Error Interrupt. Since it is an error interrupt, I doubt it has anything to do with your HMI communications, but you might want to take a look at the code inside that OB81 just be to sure.

You also said, "i did new hardware config. but i didnt change anything in software." So what did you do in the hardware configuration? And in what software (HW Config or Blocks) did you not change anything?

At any rate, maybe your new 315-2DP is not exactly the same as your old 315-2DP. Or, when you were in the HW Configuration you changed something. How is the HMI connected to the PLC; MPI or Profibus? Is that communications network still configured in the HW Config?

As for the HMI, I really do not think there is anything wrong with it since it still works with your old PLC. By the way, why did you change to a newer PLC?

315.jpg

The 2AG10 is three times quicker than the 2AF03 - there is the possibility of a timing problem being introduced when using the newer CPU.

OB81 is related to the battery - the older 2AF03 must have a battery whilst the newer 2AG10 must not.

Last edited:
The 2AG10 is three times quicker than the 2AF03 - there is the possibility of a timing problem being introduced when using the newer CPU.

OB81 is related to the battery - the older 2AF03 must have a battery whilst the newer 2AG10 must not.

my dear friend, this is the best answer that i heard. i think u are right. and what u said about OB81 is exactly true. thank you so much for ur help.