rsv32 set up ODBC

leo3886

i set up ODBC and see the data log in ODBC ,anh project don't creat new file ODBC
i answer how to project creat new file .mdb every 1 hour?

I'm not sure about View32, but in FTView, when logging to ODBC databases, it writes to a single database. It will NOT create a new one based on time/date or anything.

The ODBC logging option can be configured to purge records past a certain age, if you desire, but I usually suggest against that, as multiple datasets written to the same database can cause problems with different purge times. Rather, use a database job, and stored procedures to purge records directly in the database.

From the .mdb extension, I assume you are using Access, which isn't all that capable of handling procedures and job scheduling, so you will probably have to resort to a VBA application; I don't even use Access for maintaining my DVD collection.

You will need to come up with some application to semi-automatically create new tables every hour, export the past hours info, then delete it from the logging table. Note that you will also have to frequently compact the logging table if you do this, and you WILL lose records at the transition times.

Use Local Logs if you want new files every hour.