Problem installing RSLinx 2.4

Ctrayler

I am having a problem getting RSLinx installed version 2.4, I am using 2.4 because I have XP home and this version doesn't do a windows version check. What is happening is that it does a space check or something prior to install and keeps telling me that it can't connect to a network drive that I haven't used in over 6mo and will not be reconnecting to ever then it faults out and cancels the install. Thought maybe there was some kind of history place that I can delete that share drive out of so that it doesn't look for it. Any ideas here.

Thanks.

WAG from AB knowledgebase:

Cause:
Typically this is because your My Documents folder is pointed to a network drive, and you were not connected to the network during the install.

Solutions: 1). Point the My Documents folder back to a local drive. On the Desktop, right click My Documents, and select Properties. Set the Target to a local drive, typically C:
2). Try creating a new User Account on the PC and log into that account in order to install the software. You should still be able to use the software when logged in the original account.
3). Connect the missing drive, if available.
Note: This error is not unique to Rockwell Software. Searching the Internet will reveal many software packages that can experience the same problem.

BTW, XP Home
is not officially supported.

Last edited: