How to restart timer???

How to restart timer with Ladder logic in step7. I need signal state "1" at every 60 seconds not always!! Thanks
Not sure what your CPU supports but, use one of the predefined OBs (OB35 and such).
You may have to ad a bit of logic but it is the easiest way to get what you need.

Simply connect the inverted output of an S_ODT to its input and set the timer to 60s. This network should be basic knowledge for any Siemens PLC programmer.

Regards,

biodun63, what is the purpose of that second timer? The OP only needed a 1 signal every 60s, not a signal that's on for 60s, then off for another 60s, nor 2 separate signals.

Kind regards,

Simply connect the inverted output of an S_ODT to its input and set the timer to 60s. This network should be basic knowledge for any Siemens PLC programmer.

Regards,
OK, i know how to set the timer !! My question was HOW TO RESTART THE TIMER !!!!! I read the help for S_ODT,and i need signal state 1 to start the timer,and another input to RESET the timer, not to RESTART. I have just one input, to switch "ON" (signal of state "1") I know how to set inverted signal from timer output, but once the timer elapsed,it is over,but i need to run again,and again.......

the contact is closed, the timer runs

the timer expires and turns on the contact

the contact breaks the timer circuit, thus resetting the timer

the contact is closed, the timer runs

:oops: as you can see I'm in a fairly good mood.

Without looking it up I presume S_ODT is a standard on delay timer.

Without looking it up I presume S_ODT is a standard on delay timer.
Peter, your presumption is completely right.

ilya28, there's no need for you to shout at me, because I did understand what your question was. You clearly didn't even try to understand my answer, eg by trying out the network I proposed. And by the way, this network doesn't need a reset of any kind. Just type in what I proposed, nothing more, nothing less, and it will work like a charm. You can port this solution Omron, Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens and I'm sure lots of other brands and it will work there too.

Being an old-timer here and in the field (about 30 years of experience with about a dozen different brands and types of PLCs) I do remember the times when newcomers showed respect to old-timers. Nowadays, if we don't give them not only the answer, but also a thorough explanation we get reactions such as this. But what can we do. I do love the job too much to turn away and throw my experience in the bin.

Regards,

Last edited:

ilya28, there's no need for you to shout at me, because I did understand what your question was. You clearly didn't even try to understand my answer, eg by trying out the network I proposed. And by the way, this network doesn't need a reset of any kind. Just type in what I proposed, nothing more, nothing less, and it will work like a charm. You can port this solution Omron, Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens and I'm sure lots of other brands and it will work there too.

Being an old-timer here and in the field (about 30 years of experience with about a dozen different brands and types of PLCs) I do remember the times when newcomers showed respect to old-timers. Nowadays, if we don't give them not only the answer, but also a thorough explanation we get reactions such as this. But what can we do. I do love the job too much to turn away and throw my experience in the bin.

Regards,
Well said JVD.

Peter,

Regards,

It's a good job this wasn't a college project - or maybe it is???

Last edited:

Regards,

Sorry, i did not meen to "shout" ,"!!!!!" meens for attention ,more for biodun63, not for JVD. I am not very good at English,so i skip the most important part "to its input" of JVD answer. I connect many times, but now when i connect invert output from the timer to its input i see the right thing i am looking for !!!!!! Thakns JVD for help,and sorry for my English.

It's a good job this wasn't a college project - or maybe it is???

Markie, it is a college project,and i done it with OB35, but becose i never work with timer i just wont to know how to use them,and thanks to JVD now i know. And, just to know,i study hydraulic at machanical college,and it is new idea to learn something about PLC.

As a side reference, I quite often use the system clock to create one-shots on the rising/falling edges of the bits.

If the system clock is set for MB0 (as is default) then something like the following:

Code:
L MB0
L MB1
XOW
T MB2

L MB0
T MB1

Then I have 8 timed one-shot's based on the clock in MB 2.