schneider concept???

sundar_scada

Hi to all
I am new one for schneider electric.I am using momentum processor for my project. I use concept v2.6XL with citech scada. I did program in iec 984LL method.

I attached the schematic diagram below.

My question is if any communication failure in any island i should know in my scada screen.

Example if second island(100.100.10.52) communication failure means i should know in my scada.
IS there any block or program available in concept.

Sorry 4th Island network address is 100.100.10.54(Diagram)

schneider.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't ever dealt with Momentum but I assume their is a communication macro that you can use to set up a heartbeat system with the devices from the processor.

Are your devices SNMP compatible as this is another route you could take. If your ethernet switch and fibre optic devices are fully managed then there should be some form of SNMP management in them. I would strongly suggest you implement this as a minimum on the switch and fibre optics so you know if your links have gone down.

Jon.

There are two common techniques. One is a heartbeat bit. One PLC alternates the bit between on and off, typically on a timer basis. If the other PLC reads the value and it is unchanged for a longer time than allowed an error is set.

I prefer to read the seconds of the real time clock. If the same value is read for more than a set time delay I set an error bit.