1756MVI-GSC ASCII port problem

feniks

Hi,
I am working with prosoft module 1756MVI-GSC - 2 ascii port. I want to connect it with two SICK hand barcode scanner IT3800.
Problem is that i didn't recive good data from scanner.
I tested MVI port with HyperTerminal and it works correct, all data in ControlLogix are readable, when I test barcode with my PC it is this same all works correct - I recive barcode in Hyperterminal. But when i connect scanner with module in DataAnalyzer (Prosoft cfg port software) i get samething but it is not correct almost all zeros, sometimes 85, 24 not recognized data for my.
My queastionn is Any idea??
Thank You for help
la

It sounds like incorrect serial framing to me.

What data rate, framing, data bits, stop bits, and parity are you using on the Prosoft module's port ?

Now my ports are configured:
Baud Rate: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
and No Handshake.
I think that this is very strange because i made simple lader logic and use CPU port as ASCII protocole and i do not have problem with getting barcode from scanner. Then i made another test and connect CPU port with Prosoft port (1 cable) and sand ascii (just AWT instruction) and it works but when i connect scanner to Prosoft port just step back.
Tank You

The answer is that there are two standards of RS232 with different voltage level:
1. True RS232 (UART) with -3V:-15V as logic 1 and +3V:+15V as logic 0
2. RS232 (TTL) with +2V:5V as logic 1 and 0V:+0.8V as logic 0
I don't know why when i buy something with RS232 comunincation port this can work or not where are the standards ISO or something like this.
So and why my computer works with both standard - there is a system witch recognise voltage level??
The sollution for that problem: Integrating Prosoft module 1756MVI-GSC with Sick barcode scanner IT3800 is to use RS232 to RS485 converter beetween this two products and of course change jumper in prosoft modul to RS485 standard.
Now it works good.