LogixPro exercises

Shevanel

Hi, I just uploaded all the exercises I have finished for LogixPro and was just curious if anyone might want to check them out. Oh yeah, thanks to Lancie1 :geek: for some ideas on the bottleline exercise. I still have yet to finish the elevator exercise but I am slowly trying to motivate myself to finish it. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted.

Oh yeah, my programs might be a bit messy as I tried to keep out as many as possible errors as possible the more I would think about it the more complicated the program would become. Cheers! :site:

Hi, I just uploaded all the exercises I have finished for LogixPro and was just curious if anyone might want to check them out. Oh yeah, thanks to Lancie1 :geek: for some ideas on the bottleline exercise.
Shevanel, welcome to the forum. I looked at some of your programs. It appears that you are getting better as you gain more experience.

Do you want some feedback (point out areas for improvement) on your different programs? For example,in your Batch Simulator Rung 13, you don't allow Pump 2 to run until Pump 1 is finished. Now what made you think that was necessary?

In real-world batch mixing, as many things as possible are pumped and mixed at the same time. "Time is money" is a common expression that you will hear again, so do not write your logic to prevent two things from being done at the same time, when there is no practical reason for doing that. In the LogixPro Batch Simulation, the instructions do not forbid running Pumps 1 and 2 at the same time. Because both are being metered with flowmeters, they should be started at the same time, and whichever one reaches its setpoint first should stop, and the other should keep running until it is also finished. In other words, they each stand alone, each pumping a different liquid, with different setpoints and different run times. It is much more efficient (in the real world) to pump in 2 or 3 or 4 materials at the same time (where there is no reason not to) than to pump them in serially. Time is money.

I never thought of that and thank you for pointing that out. It's critism like this that makes me think more critically and more advanced. Thank you. If you find anything else let me know. (y)