Panel view plus not browsing

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Built an application in the shop no problem downloading via ethernet port. Once I installed the PV in the field I'm getting I can not use the panel view ethernet path and its not browsing?

I'm sure its something simple but at the end of a long day I'm stumped?????

When doing development, the Design (Local) tab is used to allow your computer to talk with the PLC. This allows you to browse addresses/tags in the PLC online while you develop your application. It also allows you to test your app on your computer without having to download it to a live PV+.

However, the Design (Local) tab does not have ANYTHING to do with how the PV+ talks to the PLC. For that you must configure the Runtime (Target) tab in RSLinx Enterprise. This setting is what actually gets downloaded to the PV+. In this tab you CANNOT browse like you can in the Design (Local) tab. Think about it.....your computer cannot browse as the PV+. You either manually add the devices or you use the COPY option to copy the settings from the Design (Local) tab to the Runtime (Target) tab.

Note....in version 5 of the FactoryTalk View Studio software the Local tab was renamed to "Design" and the Target tab was renamed to "Runtime". Since you didn't mention what software/version you are using (please do so in the future to avoid the "what version are you using" that will be asked) I included references for older and newer software. The software also renamed from RSView Studio to FactoryTalk View Studio in version 5.

OG

The cable was the issue. Some how during the install the cable I used to prgram it in the office was not the same cable it was installed with.