Reading Amps from PF70 with ML1000

naegely

I'm hoping that I'm missing something basic here and someone has been through this before.

My setup: (I know it's less than ideal, but replacing the processor is not an option for me)

ML1000 connected to NET-ENI communicating with 2 PF70's with 20-COMM-E adapters.

I am reading and writing to the command and status words (N:41 and N:42) of both drives with MSG instructions, and these work fine. Now I need to read the current output of the drives, which is parameter #3.

-My first attempt: From the 20-COMM-E manual, it looks like I can get the value of parameter #3 simply by reading 2 elements starting at N150:6. Tried this and got an "Invalid Address" error from my read MSG.

-Second attempt: At the drives, I entered the value of 3 in parameters 310 and 311, which are DataLink A1 and A2 out. Then I tried to read N41:3 and N41:4, the DataLink A1 and A2 out addresses from the 20-COMM-E manual. Now the MSG instructions execute with no error, but the value remains zero regardless of the drives output amps.

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing, seems like this should be a piece of cake.

Thanks for any advice,

Rob

Sometimes the Datalinks need to be Enabled from a seperate parameter, it's not enough just to put the parameter #'s you want in the Datalink In/Outs.